SEN & Gifted Online Learning Zone
Welcome to our SEN & Gifted Online Learning Zone – find what you need all in one place.
At Westlands our SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator) and Assistant Headteacher is Miss C. Danyali, additionally she is supported in her role by Miss S. Jones - our Early Years phase leader.
Our SENCOs work to ensure children with SEN have their needs met as fully as possible and are good listeners to others, especially parents.
We hope with this bank of digital resources, online learning and support services will aid you and your child to work at home and continue to make progress towards their individual targets and goals. We hope that with your engagement and support we can continue to provide you support.
Find a list of other online support on the Essex Local Offer page, see the link below.
GOV Coronavirus (COVID 19): list of online education resources for home education
REMOTE EDUCATION UPDATE - DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION
The Government have published updated guidance and resources that have been produced by the Department for Education in partnership with the education sector, this includes the BBC.
They have published a list of Online resources that you can access here
These resources cover various subjects and age groups and if you feel it beneficial, may be used to supplement the resources already being set on our eLearning platforms each day.
We are also directing parents to the Department for Education’s - Oak National Academy, which is a new, high-quality collection of lessons and online resources. It has been set up in response to school closures and is supported by the government. From Monday 20 April, it will offer video lessons by teachers for primary and secondary school children in a range of core curriculum subjects.
Also from today the BBC also launching BBC Bitesize Daily. This is a new service which will deliver a tailored day of learning across BBC iPlayer, Red Button, the BBC Bitesize website and app, BBC Four and BBC Sounds, with curriculum relevant offers across the UK.
Together, this comprehensive package is aimed at minimising disruption to children’s education and providing rhythm and routine in these challenging times.
These resources are available to you and are intended to be used in addition to the resources already being set on our eLearning platforms each day by your child’s class teacher.
The BBC have also created - Parents' Toolkit: SEND with resources, activities and support to help you and your family during lockdown.
SPEECH LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION AREA
- attention and listening games
- Auditory Memory
- C D Classroom Strategies for Comprehension
- C D Extending sentences
- C D Means reasons and opportunites model
- C D The Blank Language Scheme
- C D Tips for supporting unclear speech
- C D Typical Speech Sound Development
- C D Using speech sounds in sentences
- C D Verbs
- C D Word Finding Difficulties
- Game Ideas to Support Attention and Listening
- Generalising Sounds
- kitchen social skills
- Reducing rate of speech
- Secret messages game
- Silent Sorting Activities
- SOUND GAMES
MOTOR skills AREA
- c and ck ending completion worksheet
- c and ck ending completion worksheet 2
- c and k words completion
- c k cloze exercise holiday
- ch and tch completion worksheet
- ct ft lt pt xt lf lm blends completion
- end blends st sk sp completion
- f and ff ending completion exercise
- ge and dge completion
- ge dge sentences clozed exercise
- l and ll ending completion exercise
- oy oi completion
- ss ll and ff ending completion exercise
EMOTIONAL WELLBEING AREA
- Add and subtract 1s
- Add by counting on 2019
- challenges year 1 and 2
- challenges year 3 and 4
- challenges year 5 and 6
- chocolate bar measuring
- codecracking for beginners morse code activity sheet
- compare and order lengths and mass activity sheet
- Compare number sentences 2019
- complete the 100 square
- count to 10 with objects
- counting to and from 100 sequence
- counting and ordering numbers to 20 home learning challenges
- counting mixed coins activity sheet
- Day 1 The Princess and the Wizard
- Day 1 What the ladybird heard
- Day 2 The Princess and the Wizard
- Day 2 What the ladybird heard
- Day 3 The Princess and the Wizard
- Day 3 What the ladybird heard
- Day 4 The Princess and the Wizard
- Day 4 What the ladybird heard
- Day 5 The Princess and the Wizard
- Day 5 What the ladybird heard
- dyscalculia toolkit v4
- Fact families addition and subtraction bonds to 20 2019
- family challeneg 2
- family challenge 3
- Family Challenge 1
- Find a half 1 2020
- Find and make number bonds 2019
- Find a part 2019
- How manypdf
- Make doubles 2020
- Make equal groups grouping 2020
- Make equal groups sharing 2020
- Mathematical Challenges Level 1
- number words to 20 wordsearch
- reach for the stars booklet
- Related facts 2019
- springboard 3
- the mystery of the squashed fruit healthy eating maths mystery game
- time activities
- WAVE 3 resources and games
- year 2 Related facts 2019
- Adjectives Comprehension Worksheet
- Animal Early Reading Comprehension Sound Buttons
- category challenge game
- character investigation reading comprehension
- comparing characters reading comprehension
- cvc word activity booklet
- days of the week spelling activity sheet
- Favourite Character Comprehension Worksheet
- houses colouring comprehension
- nouns person place thing
- phase 2 phonics rhyming string cards
- phonopoly challenge and chance cards
- phonopoly game board
- phonopoly score sheet
- reading comprehension board game
- Reading Comprehension Statement Dice
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- satpin read and race game
- star colouring comprehension
- Transport Early Reading Comprehension Sound buttons
Working memory area
General resources AREA
- 30 day lego challenge
- 478 breathing technique
- 54321 grounding
- 5 tips for families during home learning
- 60 day daily wellbeing tasks
- coronavirus home challenge
- emotions board game
- lazy 8 breathing
- Mindful eating exercise
- Mindfulness jars
- my i can journal
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Safe Place Guided Imagery
- social contact story to help explain social distancing
- Special Memory
- square breathing
- staying safe online game
- through my window free resource from art therapist
- Treehouse Relaxation Script
School Transition AREA
Gifted learner AREa
enrichment learning opportunities
- National Association for Able Children in Education NACE has been working to support teachers of gifted and talented students for over twenty years and has some excellent publications.
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC is an excellent organisation which was set up to support parents and their children.
- The London Gifted and Talented website provides useful information, worksheets, policies and courses.
- The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children is a worldwide non-profit organisation whose goal is to provide advocacy and support for gifted children.
- Ingenious is a content-rich site bringing together images and viewpoints to create insights into science and culture.
- The Youth Sport Trust nurtures young people talented in PE and sport.
There are also some links for pupils to extend their learning and become intellectually stimulated beyond the classroom:
- QI enshrines the original view of Lord Reith that the BBC should 'educate, inform and entertain', all three of which duties are carried out to the great enjoyment of panel and audience alike. The activities of ‘The QI Universe’ website are organised around a central concept or set of attitudes - those of curiosity, discovery and humour.
- Moral Maze BBC Radio 4s Moral Maze provides combative, provocative and engaging live debate examining the moral issues behind one of the week’s news stories.
- The University of Leicester offers a new way to engage with key issues that shape our society. Students can join debates on a host of topics, including 'should we go to Mars?' Join some of Britain's leading academics and high-profile opinion formers in these challenging 'the floor is yours' debates.
For additional support logging in, email: email@example.com
(at peak times eLearning platforms such as Purple Mash may experience temporary outages due to user load, please refresh and try again later).
Thank you for your patience and support with eLearning.